IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

13 hours ago, barrows said:

There are actually plenty of DACs which will not benefit from a converter like this, unless one prefers the sound of higher jitter.  Just use a good USB source direct into the DAC's USB input, and just do not purchase a DAC which does not have a well implemented USB input, there really is no excuse these days for a DAC to have a poor USB input, the details of getting it "right" are now pretty well understood by most sharp digital engineers.

Now, if one has a "legacy" DAC which they love, the might benefit form  converter like this.

I was under the impression that what was well understood was that USB was not suited for digital audio :)

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

A few things come to mind. 

1. What does price have to do with your determination that a DAC is broken if the manufacturer offers something better that improves performance? In other words, what if the DAC was $2,300 and a $2,000 D to D converter came out that improved its performance? The cost would be equal to the Terminator’s $4,300. 

2. Your comments give me a vibe that you think others who enjoy different parts of this hobby are somehow less than those who place music above everything. Perhaps you don’t mean it this way, but the story about the guy in your office confuses me. I’m not sure why it’s important. I’m also unsure why it’s important to know he spent “huge $$ on his system.”

3. Suggesting BS has taken over the site is a bit over the top. 

You are right, the wording was a little strong, but I do think we sometimes forget the objective (musical enjoyment) and focus obsessively on the gear. Went down that path myself for some time - some personalities may be pre-disposed to this pitfall 😁. CA/AS in itself has nothing to do with this!