IGNORED

Subjective comparison of Software Music Player

7 hours ago, manueljenkin said:

This was asked and described in a couple of other threads and both the threads were shut down 😅. Hopefully it isn't such a back and forth here. I'll just give my "guess" on how it does this, but it does something for sure.

The thing is the data is stored in the cells (assuming SSD) as charges (the microstructure behaves "similar" to capacitors). I don't know how the tool exactly works but the system noise levels (especially ground plane) are different when doing different activity and generally lower when more components are off. When the write happens when the system is at lower noise level, it is likely to do it in a more organized (think of it like charge distribution pattern). Now when you are accessing the data from the cell, you'll be having a noise associated with the access (EM waves and noise is generated when a charge is accelerated). The more organized one are likely to have lesser noise. This whole data/charges goes through a big link of buffers etc before it goes to the usb port and how the specific pattern passes through with its own detectable signature till the DAC is beyond my present comprehension levels.

Anyway, could just give a try. And if an objective analysis is needed, feel free to make a thread in objective fi forum.

That's OK we can take the discussion and you response here into the objective forum area.