IGNORED

Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core optical input

Hi everybody,

it makes sense to buy, in 2020, a so old device like the Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core?

I'm afraid the minidsp ddrc-24 is a little too complex. I mean, I have no problem in configuration but I think I will lose too much time in optimization while the Anti Mode seem more immediate.

Anyway, if somebody has it, could explain me about the "Toslink S/PDIF input: 24-bit 32 / 44.1 / 48 kHz and 88.2 / 96 kHz compatible "?

I have an Android TV which exit with a fixed sample of 192Khz... what will happen if I connect it to the Anti Mode? It will just downsample to 96Khz or it won't accept?

TV: Philips 55PUS7502-12 / Hi-Fi: Roksan K3 - miniDSP DDRC-24 - Elac Debut Reference DBR62 - Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB - AudioQuest Sydney RCA - Ricable Ultimate Speaker - Dirac Live 3 / Headphones: Chord Mojo - Dan Clark Audio AEON Flow Open / Source: Raspberry 4 Pi - Roon - RoPieeeXL / Gaming: Xbox One X / Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:26 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

I suggest that you contact DSPeakers and ask.

They said that it won’t accept 192khz.

TV: Philips 55PUS7502-12 / Hi-Fi: Roksan K3 - miniDSP DDRC-24 - Elac Debut Reference DBR62 - Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB - AudioQuest Sydney RCA - Ricable Ultimate Speaker - Dirac Live 3 / Headphones: Chord Mojo - Dan Clark Audio AEON Flow Open / Source: Raspberry 4 Pi - Roon - RoPieeeXL / Gaming: Xbox One X / Tablet: iPad Pro 10.5
12 minutes ago, RiseFall123 said:

They said that it won’t accept 192khz.

That is unfortunate.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, RiseFall123 said:

I have an Android TV which exit with a fixed sample of 192Khz..

I have no experience with Android TV but I find that strange.  It should be adjustable because there are too many devices that will not accept 24/192 or, even, 24/96 that it would severely curtail their market.  It seems unbelievable that there is not setting option.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

I was not an Android user at all so when I bought this TV I didn't expect this kind of output.

Some users told me that Android outputs in that way also on mobile (they upsample to 192 everything).

But, with my actual DAC, which is Mojo, no issues with that because it accept it.

5 hours ago, RiseFall123 said:

Some users told me that Android outputs in that way also on mobile (they upsample to 192 everything).

I remain skeptical but, since I have no Android hardware, I cannot make a determination.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile