IGNORED

katana gpio and powering question

Hi,

I´m planning to run Katana and a pi4 on separate power supplies.

1. For package and connection reasons (RCA AND USB/net on the backplate of my case, not wanting to use additional cables/soldering for that) I have to remove pi from the stack. In Katana manual is stated, that katana only uses PINs 3 (SDA-I2C), 5 (SCL-I2C), 12 (I2S_BCLK), 35 (I2S_LRCLK) and 40 (I2S_DOUT). So just wiring these 5 pins would be possible?

2. I would like to add a time delay pcb for first powering katana and then the pi as recommended. How many seconds delay would you recommend?

Thx in advance and greetings from bavaria

arndtinger

Thank you for answering my second question. Is there anything to know concerning the first one? Is it possible just to connect GPIO Pins 3, 5, 12, 35 and 40 between Katana and the pi? And, since in that case there is no 5V or GND connetion, what about the Jumper settings of J26 and J30? Just like the pi was in the stack with two power supplies?

Thanks again in advance

arndtinger

18 minutes ago, arndtinger said:

Thank you for answering my second question. Is there anything to know concerning the first one? Is it possible just to connect GPIO Pins 3, 5, 12, 35 and 40 between Katana and the pi? And, since in that case there is no 5V or GND connetion, what about the Jumper settings of J26 and J30? Just like the pi was in the stack with two power supplies?

Thanks again in advance

arndtinger

Yes you need to connect power pins (GND ,5V) and GPIO pins.Shared details through PM please check

• 2 years later...