IGNORED

Power Supply for 8th gen NUC

I'm thinking of buying an Keces P8 to power my NUC8i5BEH.

Will the 9/12V(4A)+12/15V(4A) version be suffice? 

I can go to the 9/12V(4A)+18/19V(4A) version, but in the future, if I change NUC to another streamer, probably I will end up not being able to use the 19V port on any another device.

The NUC has 28W THD, it only has 2x 8Gb RAM + 16gb Optane driver inside it. Also as an DAC connected to it, but the DAC has is own power supply.

12v*4a = 48W, should be enough power the NUC, no?

If this is not enough can I power the NUC with 15V*4a(60W) port?

Thank you in advance.

20 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

My understanding is that the NUC is capable of running at 12v through your Gen 8.  (Unfortunately, my NUC 10 requires a real 19v, which Uptone's Alex Crespi confirmed when I lent it to him for testing.) 

Yes, the NUC is capable of running at 12V, my problems is knowing if 4A at 12V(48W) is enough for the NUC to operate properly.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, m.i.c.k.e.y said:

During my hunt, I came across Plixir in Singapore. They do balanced, double (two stage) regulated LPS.

https://www.mysoundaffairs.com/collections/power/products/plixir-elite-bdc-2a-4a-6a

https://www.mysoundaffairs.com/collections/power/products/custom-plixir-bdc

Thank you for the suggestion but that seems to expensive for what I'm looking for.

18 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Good LPS's do run around $500 with the requisite amperage. Less expensive ones will have more audible voltage contaminants in USB out

Sorry, I didn't understand. Keces P8 costs about 700€, but it can power 2 devices(well 3 if you count with the 5V/1A USB output). It's a well regarded LPS and with it I can power 2/3 devices, with only one box, and it is in the price range that I'm looking for. I know that can be better options out there but for the price and with the ability of powering multiple devices, I don't know any(I'm not interested in HDPlex ones). My problem is to know if 12/15V(4A) is enough for the NUC. Because I really want to avoid buy the Keces P8 with 18/19V(4A). 

In this tests playing FIFA in NUC requires "only" 50W, I only use NUC with JPlay Femto with almost everything disabled. So it seems that 15v at 4A(60W) should be enough, but I really want to know has experience with it.

https://nucblog.net/2018/11/coffee-lake-i5-nuc-review-nuc8i5bek-nuc8i5beh/3/

19 hours ago, jcn3 said:

your nuc has a tdp of 28w, the optane consumes 3.5w and the 2 pieces of ram will consume 2.4w.  so 34w total -- you're safe with 12v/4a.  even if the dac needs power for the usb handshake, you'll be fine.

That's great! Thank you very much for the input.