IGNORED

Did you use spades with your Furutech outlets?

mfaoro

For those of you who

1. have installed Furutech GTX NCF outlets

2. are using 10 gauge wire

Did you purchase and use the Furutech spades to connect power to the outlet. Furutechs website and several other sites ‘recommend’ using the spades with 10 gauge wire. However, no one I have talked to has used the spades. The outlets do have a place for the spades to connect.

thanks,

Michael

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

2 minutes ago, One and a half said:

You mean 10AWG on a US style receptacle Furutech notwithstanding?

There's no other way really, heck I use rings actually even on 12AWG, you just get the transfer of current using bare connections.

Ring lugs are necessary for the ground, if the screw loosens, there's still some contact area, if a spade is used, the earth wire will most likely fall off.

Thank you 1 1/2. 

Not being handy with much of anything, I don't quite understand your answer. 

Yes, 10 gauge on an US style furutech receptacle. Here is a bit of material from Furutechs website. Check out the last two images.

spacer.png

The outlet accommodates spades or bare wire. It looks like it accepts bare wire up to 8 gauge.

I don't understand why Furutech says this on their website... (seems to me bare wire would be a superior connection to spades)

"- Furutech spade terminal FP-209 recommended for 10 AWG wire"

...and what other people who own the outlet did in their install.

Michael

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

5 minutes ago, One and a half said:

A crimp on a ring or spades has tons of pressure applied  causing no oxygen to be trapped between the copper and the spade. The copper becomes a solid. The right tool needs to used, ratchet types are easier on the hand a n d have tremendous force.

In comparison,  direct connection of copper with a screwed connection by hand is the weakest. 

So you vote for spades then.Your explanation make sense.