IGNORED

Article: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Review and Comparison

Thanks for this extensive review and the different evaluations.
I still have a basic question.

Did you try once, playing form an internal drive in your music computer? I know in "theory" there is no difference for stylus in ram. But you need all the different stuff and different cables to feed a „one-box-solution“?
Thanks again for your impressive deep review.
Btw…nice music decision…

11 hours ago, austinpop said:

This is a deep topic in its own right, and will take this thread off-topic! So, please post any followup on the thread I'll link below.

Yes, I have indeed tried internal drives, and it takes a lot of effort and optimization to mitigate for their presence in the music computer. Not saying it can't be done, but it's not as simple as just hooking up an NVMe SSD or SATA HDD.

The reason I went the NAS route is based on the simple idea that NO storage disk is quieter (from a noise perspective) than even the quietest one. And this was facilitated by the use of Euphony OS and Stylus. Once you can pre-buffer the music before playback, you've taken the storage device out of the picture.

I suggest you take a look at this thread: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/ Check out the index in the first post, and do some searches. You will find people have discussed these tradeoffs extensively.

Thanks!

Thanks again Rajiv...

Maybe my answer/question was to short. and i was expecting your answer.

you are totaly right and i can see your point. thank you for the hint to read the massive post...i am following it for a long time already. the question was just a moment to take a step back and look to the result with all the diffrent and expansive boxes and cables- maybe it´s gone too far? i have a lot of boxes and cables myself and try to find a simpler solution, but maybe there is none- only if i am happy to spend the money for an Taiko extreme -which  i am not ...

From your point of experience i wanted to know what you think about this irrational result...thanks for the answer you already gave me...i am gonna buy my next box from uptone...