IGNORED

T+A HA 200 - DSD1024 DAC / Headphone Amp

4 hours ago, opus101 said:

They must have a very strange understanding of what 'NOS' means. Usually it means 'no oversampling' but as they're using S-D chips for the DACs, this just is not possible. S-D DAC chips rely on noise-shaping and noise-shaping needs oversampling otherwise there's no place to shape the noise to.

A few off the shelf ICs do have a NOS mode, when they're accepting a high enough input sampling rate.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, DarginMahkum said:

So I went on and called T+A. They said it can be used as a pre-amp from the front XLR output without any issues, and they also provide the 4-pin XLR to 2x 3-pin cable, if asked for.

Hurrah!  I was going to solder something together to do the same, although the dealer I've called hasn't sent me a demo unit after 2 months.  The other dealer I asked to do a preamp test didnt get back to me either.  Fine, they dont want my money 🤣

3 hours ago, DarginMahkum said:
As I understand this has nearly the same digital part as the DAC8DSD, right? Same DAC and everything?

It looks more derived from the SDV 3100 series (from the PCB perspective) than the DAC8DSD.  Have a look for yourself.