IGNORED

Merging Hapi and Acourate

Hi Folks,

I have been browsing through your discussion. I can strongly recommend using the Merging HAPI, preferably with the DA8P DAC card. It sounds amazing! It does also allow you to take advantage of the Ravenna network with PTPv2 system. This will make you forget about USB or S/P-DIF related performance issues!

I am using Roon on a Windows Server 2019 based i7 with a separate network card for the Ravenna interface. The HAPI is driving 8 power amps of my activated speakers.

Within Roon, I use convolution for 8 channels with different Acourate generated files for each sample rate. This works very conveniantly in Roon.

And it sounds simply GREAT!

What you need to know: When convoluting multi-channel @ high sample rates or even DXD this is very resource consuming in Roon. You will need a very powerful PC, properly configured to avoid excess latencies. 

A summar of another project I had been doing can be found under www.digitalloudspeaker.com

And as Uli has confirmed, this works very well and is an ultimate solution.

Cheers, SMSWAP

On 8/2/2020 at 4:44 PM, SMSWAP said:

Hi Folks,

I have been browsing through your discussion. I can strongly recommend using the Merging HAPI, preferably with the DA8P DAC card. It sounds amazing! It does also allow you to take advantage of the Ravenna network with PTPv2 system. This will make you forget about USB or S/P-DIF related performance issues!

I am using Roon on a Windows Server 2019 based i7 with a separate network card for the Ravenna interface. The HAPI is driving 8 power amps of my activated speakers.

Within Roon, I use convolution for 8 channels with different Acourate generated files for each sample rate. This works very conveniantly in Roon.

And it sounds simply GREAT!

What you need to know: When convoluting multi-channel @ high sample rates or even DXD this is very resource consuming in Roon. You will need a very powerful PC, properly configured to avoid excess latencies. 

A summar of another project I had been doing can be found under www.digitalloudspeaker.com

And as Uli has confirmed, this works very well and is an ultimate solution.

Cheers, SMSWAP

Thanks for the input! This is encouraging.

I've continued to research this and I'm looking at getting the ADA8P card to enable measuring and premium DA conversion, and as cheaper option than DA8P + AKD8D. But can't buy Hapi here and was planning to do so in a next trip, but alas, COVID came along and I'm grounded. Hopefully can still get it in 2020!!

How do you take Acourate measurements? Thru Hapi with another card, or an external card?

My current server will likely not have enough power to do DSD convolving. Will see. But the Hapi will stay with me for a long time, I think, and computer power will catch up. Are you convolving at DSD?

BTW, do your 8 power amps drive a DIY speaker?

Can't wait to have it with me!!

cheers

Hi,

why going for the (expensive) ADA8P card, unless you would require AD conversion? I am using a Focusrite 18i20 for measurements. That works very well.

I am mostly convolving PCM and only rarely DSD. Even for older PCs, switching to Windows Server 2019 will allow them to cope with mulit-channel DSD convolution.

The speaker I am currently using is a modified Suesskind Audio Tangram. I will soon upgrade to a specific model calles Suesskind Audio BEO.

Best regards, SMSWAP