IGNORED

Tidal Sound Quality

STC

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't need to. I can hear the obvious degradation when my own uploaded .wav files are DL from Dropbox etc.again  , saved   and played using JRiver 26 compared with the original copy.

I will not be further responding to the usual garbage from you about your so called perfect little Digital World where even all error free USB cables sound the same, and the PSU area, whether SMPS or Linear , of the PC/Server doesn't matter, even that of Tidal or Quobuz.

Are you certain that the original and DL'ed versions are identical, using, say, the DOS FC program, Alex?

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Who cares ? All that matters to some is that their checksums remain identical, which of course I make sure they are.

Even a single muted  error, provided that the file still plays, won't alter the overall sound of the audio, which amuses me where so many reject ripped  audio or Video files that aren't "bit perfect" even though they may not have even noticed a single muted error.

Different USB cables can make much larger audible differences even when the digital output is found to be error free !

Well, I would do that, just to be absolutely certain.

What I just thought of, as a further test: get a fresh memory stick, and make a copy of the orig to the stick, Orig_A. Then make a copy of the DL, DL_A.Then rename the DL, temporarily, to DL_B, and copy that to the stick. Finally, rename the orig to Orig_B, and copy that to the plugged in memory. So, what you now have on the initially new stick, is Orig_A, DL_A, DL_B, Orig_B - in that physical order.

Now, play them in that order; and. then play them in the reverse order, Orig_B, DL_B, DL_A, Orig_A - are you still able to clearly hear that difference you feel is there?

33 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Well I couldn't be bothered.

I have already done pretty much what you described way back in 2009 with 3 lots of 20 renamed pairs of .wav files, created by DIY Audio member Greg Erskine from my original files on USB memory, then copied to and shuffled between his HDDs before renaming them. NONE of the copied files sounded as good as the original .wav files that I added for comparison purposes, making 3 files in all of each track in each of the 3 versions of  20 tracks.

The key thing is that the way that you add the original has to be done exactly the same as you treat the copies - all done at the same time, no difference in the timing, and procedure used. What one is attempting to do is to make certain that absolutely nothing in the way the files are treated, at any time, could possibly favour the original over the copy, for any possible reason.

If you are certain that this was done, then fair enough ...