IGNORED

HOLO Audio MAY DAC

At the suggestion of Tim at Kitsune I recently installed a Ableconn PUSB31P2A PCIE USB card in my AMD X570 based motherboard in the hope it would resolve the problems with Holo firmware 30.12. My May now happily plays at 1.536 mhz. While the cards may not be of Audiophile level, I think it is at least of the same quality of the typical motherboard USB port and it only costs $34 at Amazon.

Many thanks to Tim for great customer support.

43 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

I've ordered one of these to test in my AMD system as well.
For those buying though, make sure to get that specific model number as it has the ASM1142 chipset, the newer one with the ASM3142 may not work.

Thanks for adding that important information.

• 5 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 5:03 PM, GoldenOne said:

Does the urendu actually support 1.536mhz?

Afaik the only one that can 'technically' do it (though I just get the 'hqplayer crackling' when I try) is the sms200 ultra afaik

Has anyone got a Rendu working correctly with a May at 1.535mhz? I am getting highly distorted sound using my opticalRendu?

14 hours ago, musicjunkie917 said:

I just tried an ultraRendu at 1.536MHz with my new May KTE over USB and it has issues.....regular dropouts...and it is not because of a lack of processing power. I am using HQPlayer Embedded installed on a sonicTransporter i9. 768KHz works just fine.

Has anyone had success with an ultraRendu at 1.536MHz?

To stop my dropouts, I changed Buffer Time for my opticalRendu from Default to 100 ms in HQPlayer Settings. Other values may also work.

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Johnseye said:

Has anyone been able to upsample to PCM 1.5M using HQP with the May using the 2.1 USB module and 3144 firmware?  I just updated my module from the 2.0 version with 3012 firmware where I could do this without issue.  Now I'm getting static or other noise with the 2.1 module and 3144 firmware.  Is there any way to downgrade this module's firmware to 3012?

On a similar note, I've found the JCAT USB XE card to be incompatible with the 2.1 module and 3144 firmware.  Has anyone had success with this pairing?  Is there any USB PCI card that is an improvement over the stock motherboard USB, compatible with the May?

I am using the JCAT USB XE card with May 2.1 USB module. I also had the static problem with firmware 3144. Tim at Kitsune recommended using firmware 3140 and that eliminated the static. Tim said there is an incompatibility with AMD CPUs and firmware 3144.