IGNORED

AAC files don't Play in my Car

Barnes

I'm new to this I-tunes thing. So I'm just experimenting now with PC audio right now.

I ripped some CD's as well as Downloaded a couple. I saved them on my PC computer as AAC files (advanced setup at 320 Kbs)in I-tunes Preferences. I put them on a flash USB Drive. They show up as MPEG4 Files. They won't play in my Car which accepts a USB Flash Drive direct. the Auto manual says the "Audio sysem will play MP3, WMA, WAV and AAC files. The highest compression rate supported is 320 k bits per second (kbps)."

The Auto audio system doesn't read anything on the USB Device.

Thanks

Barnes

Just kidding! I know very little about playback from a USB-stick since I don't use it that way. You could try to set the iTunes "Preference" to output in MP3.

But keep in mind that both AAC and MP3 are "lossy" formats. You lose part of the sound. But maybe that's no problem in your car, unless it's a Bentley with Naim HiFi on board...

For iTunes you better use Apple Lossless (compressed, 500-1200 kbps) or AIFF (uncompressed 1411 kbps) for full CD quality on your home stereo.

Maybe you need to give more info about the car system, maybe someone knowes more about it.

Fully Balanced Differential Stereo: Jamo R909 < Emotiva XPA-1 < XLR < Emotiva XSP-1 < Weiss DAC2 < Oyaide d+ FW400/800 < iMac < Synology DS1815+ NAS

Software: Amarra Symphony iRC, XLD, iTunes.

If it isn't seeing anything on the drive, it might be because the usb drive formatting isn't compatable (mine doesn't see HFS+ for example). The other thing I found was that my car stereo (a Sony) couldn't cope with a directory tree, but only saw the files at the top level.

I decided it was so clunky that I only use an iPod or iPad (thanks to the OS update it now works) with the USB in.