IGNORED

Tekton Ulfberht 3.1 System

Hi Will. Thanks for posting up all the pictures and detailing your journey with the Ulfberhts. I'm also awaiting a new home to be built and I've pretty much desided on the Ulfberhts for my combination music/entertainment room. My home won't be done for another 2 years in order to line up with a few other schedules, so I've got a bit of time to figure out the details. I already got in touch with Eric about the build several months ago and I'll be getting back in touch with him in another few months to work out some more details. 

I wanted to ask a couple questions:

1. I am also reading up on your blog. What are the top binding/grounding looking posts on the back of the Ulfberhts? Shown here, above the binding posts:

20200226_074045.jpg

2. How are things going soundwise with your Be tweeter swap?

When I connected with Eric before, we discussed putting a ribbon/AMT tweeter in the Ulfberhts in place of the standard Scanspeak one you also removed. He has already done that for another couple clients with good results. And in my case, I got hooked on AMT tweeters about 3-4 years ago and wanted to see if Eric would go for it, which he agreed to and said they'll be at least as good as the Scanspeaks from a performance perspective. Those AMTs are bigger then regular dome tweters, though, so I'm interested to see what Eric may have to do about the physical size of the speakers. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2020 at 12:40 AM, Shimei said:

Look forward to hearing from you and your experience w/ the Ulfs should your purchase fall into place. 

Enjoy,

William

Hey Will, I'm still kicking around the Ulfberht scene, getting ready to move into the new house in about 10 months and that'll be when I get my pair. Fingers crossed. 

But, I saw on one of the other forums that it must have been you that listed your custom, white Ulfberht Center channel, and I'm not sure if I also saw your 4-10 subs listed too? 

What happened there? I'm putting my Ulfberhts into my combo basement home theater/rec room and I need to put them into the 7.2.4 Atmos setup as the Fronts, which I also have to get a Center channel for and have been told to do my best to make sure the Center and the Fronts are the same line, if possible.