IGNORED

EtherREGEN: All posts about firmware moved here

8 minutes ago, Johnnydev said:

John Swenson's "under the bonnet" and "across the years" narrative helped me persist with Firmware v2.

A combination of removing a Cisco switch (btw the 1G port as input made a difference), cable experiments (yes - sorry but true) and grounding the EtherREGEN (!) has re-established more than enough body, slam and oomph for me.

I can't fault the ER's output. Accuracy is the watchword.

Feel free to remove any of my previous posts relating to the Firmware update. They were true at the time and I stand by them. But understandings mutate with experimentation, adjustments and protracted listening.

The EtherREGEN opens a remarkable window on music.

hi Iving,

I really do not understand that after so many reviews from you, now come with the grounding, whereas this was specifically described in advance?

It has only brought doubt and unrest! 🥵

Important for my wife and me is the whole music experience:

Together or alone on the couch and immerse in the (live) music experience, with details and impact

Tight and layered bass, detail, nice, warm middle and a good resolution with a live feeling if present. sometimes as if you can walk among the musicians

Nice sound from the TV, films preferably with a smashing, lively (cinema) experience.

Playing like in a disco, but also very important nice sounding when music gets played in the background, and fine sounding as we walk around and do our daily things

The EtherRegen brings improvements in all these areas and gets better every day