IGNORED

Amarra 2.1 Released!

I had it crashing too but there is a way to fix this. You need to unlink it through iTunes in a very weird place.

In iTunes, go to View, Visualizer, AmarraPlugIn. Then go back to View, Visualizer, Options, and uncheck boxes.

Someone kindly posted this before much earlier in the thread. Such a strange place to link the software.

For now, I'm done with messing around with Amarra until the next release. Decibel is working flawless. I was able to load Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in it's entirety and had real gapless playback without sucking up all my memory to load both discs all at once.

Done that. Unsuccessfully.

Amarra window still "hidden".

I'll guess i'll stay with Decibel for a while.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Pure Music and Amarra. I also respect your level of tolerance for annoying WIP problems. It's good to hear that Rob at Pure Music and others are responsive...that's their job...it's reassuring to know they do it well.

Personally, for the money Amarra demands. It should run flawlessly. Pure Music as well. Or they should admit that what they really are doing is conducting extended UAT and give a little back to the score of people like yourself who patiently send them vital information on required improvements.

This type of half commercial release/half beta doesn't have in too many counterparts in the rest of the apps/SAAS world where the beta users are forking over significant user fees to basically be a beta test group.

my two cents.

Cheers,

Bill

Cheers,

Bill

Mac Mini 2011, 60 gb SSD, 8gb ram; PureMusic & BitPerfect; Wavelength Audio Cosecant V3 DAC; Wireworld Silver Starlight usb interconnect; McIntosh C2200 preamp; pair of McIntosh MC252 SS amps run as monoblocks; vintage MC240 Tube amp and 50th Anniversary MC275 tube amps; Krell LAT-2\'s on Sound Anchors; JL Audio F112 subwoofer; Nirvana SX ltd interconnects and speaker cables and power cords; PS Audio P5

Pure Music 1.74 is pretty solid. I really have no problems. I think this expectation for perfection is unrelaistic as no sofware I own, be it Windows or OSX, is perfect. If the trial programs are too buggy for you, then don't buy it.

I agree that at the price Amarra is asking, there should be state-of-the art everything. Heck, there is no hog like Pure Music, Fidelia, or Decibel. And Pure Music and Fidelia offer excellent remote features. I'm afraid "better math" just isn't cutting it today.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

i think that it's unrealistic to expect it to run flawlessly. I do expect identified problems to be fixed in a reasonable time period though. Given that Amarra is being used on different types of Mac, with different OSX versions, different iTunes versions and different ancillary software, how can you thoroughly anticipate every contingency?

regards[br]Michael[br]Mac mini & Amarra 3 | Weiss Minerva | CEC TL-51x | Octave HP500se | ADAM Tensor Delta active speakers. [br]MacBook Pro | V-DAC | Yamamoto HA-02 | ATH-W1000[br]AppleTV | DACMagic2 | Sugden A25 | ADAM HM2

I wouldn't be bother by the occasional glitch, but having glitches most of the time is unacceptable. I got tired of the sound overlap glitch when using seamless operation, so I started using playlists. This fixed that problem but my track looping problem was still there so I finally gave up.

Given the fact that Decibel has been running flawless for me and is currently free, I do expect more from Amarra. If their competition can pull it off, they should be able to do it too. Although I didn't end up liking Pure Music's sound, they pretty much pull off the seamless integration Amarra is trying for.

"I think it is unrealistic to expect it to run flawlessly" I call BS. A good software company makes design choices to eliminate the risk of poor performance. Amarra is doing an extremely poor job of this. Have you tried their conversion functionality? Have you tried their memory play? Come on, why wouldn't we expect perfection from any functionality offered especially at the prices they demand in a market place where the competition is better quality at a lower price?

bottlerocket, have you any software that runs flawlessly? I must say that I have tried the flac -> alac conversion and it worked fine, I use memory play all the time and apart from sometimes getting a message that the playlist I've selected can't be loaded because I haven't selected a playlist, I don't have any problems. I don't even get the first few seconds of a song cut off as many others do. I'm not a heavy user as i mostly listen to vinyl, but even if I was, I wouldn't expect perfection at any price.

regards[br]Michael[br]Mac mini & Amarra 3 | Weiss Minerva | CEC TL-51x | Octave HP500se | ADAM Tensor Delta active speakers. [br]MacBook Pro | V-DAC | Yamamoto HA-02 | ATH-W1000[br]AppleTV | DACMagic2 | Sugden A25 | ADAM HM2