IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.7 With Valence Is Released

I installed 1.7 a couple of days ago. On the one hand, I love the new radio stations they've highlighted. But, on the other, my iPad has been temperamental connecting to the Roon NUC. Several times it just gets stuck trying to connect. Last night I was without music for about 30 minutes trying to figure it out, finally had to reset.

And is Valence something that you can access or is it just a new algorithm that picks songs for Roon radio?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Valence is just the name for a set of technologies that mines data and either plays music it thinks you'll like via Roon Radio, or recommends music it thinks you will like in areas like an album page. 

Thanks, that explains why I can't "find" it 😂

Would have been less confusing if they said "hey, here are some new improvements and features" rather than give it a name.

BTW, I love Roon 😍

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables