IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.7 With Valence Is Released

41 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@The Computer Audiophile Thank you but where do I find that if I go to device set up even in advanced there is no choices for 'exclusive control' like in A+3 where there is exclusive access/integer mode/direct mode/ Thanks-- that ver 1.7 looks pretty cool but I bought ROON for lossless not high quality(kinda hard to hear a difference but its there)-- and that price hike is unbelievable I paid 499$ and my CFO hit the roof a few years ago!

bobbmd

Screenshot_20191122-083642.gif

• 1 month later...

Agree about RAAT. 

Otherwise (with apologies to Churchill), roon is the worst music playback software except for all the rest.

Haha, just kidding. But that's sort of where I'm at.

To me, 1.7 and Valencia or whatever branding seemed like a rush job to reassure all the folks on their forum wondering if/when there will ever be a new release or if roon is even still in business.

Their notion of crowdsourcing personalized recommendations based on AI applied to their users' likes and dislikes sounds great on paper, but it only goes so far with 100,000 or so weirdos like me liking and disliking v. say, Spotify's 100 million.  

Anyway, even with all their annoyances and attitude, roon is pretty slick and robust software for what it is. Here's hoping 1.8 or 2.0 Velociraptor or whatever knocks it out of the park.

If not, I'll be looking around again. And inevitably coming back to roon. Again.