IGNORED

Article: Home Audio Fidelity - Room Shaper Review

On 4/8/2020 at 10:02 PM, firedog said:

I still haven't figured out how to get it working with Roon. 

It seems more or less impossible. Let’s hope Andrew at SGC maybe with assistance from Miska, can implement something in either HQPlayer embedded  or the SonicOrbiter SW.

I don’t think Roon will support a VST plugin. I think there’s some technical issues. 

Another challenge is to convert the SW into Linux, as I understand Thierry isn’t a Linux guy, and I suppose converting into Linux has to be the first step, and someone has to do that work on behalf of Thierry.

With Linux sorted out, integration with SonicTransporter / HQPlayer embedded / QNAP and similar may be possible. But I really don’t know.  

I can just hope for more people to request for some sort of Roon integration. 

@alec_eiffel

Can you add some understanding of what is needed in order to make this easier to work with Roon ?

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Luchoo said:

I've managed to get the Room Shaper working in-between Roon and HQPlayer using the standalone version of the plugin.

I found out that there is a newer version fo Soundflower which works on the latest macOS version. It could be downloaded from here - https://www.fluxforge.com/blog/soundflower-os-x-10.11-10.12-macOS-sierra/

Once it is installed it will create two new virtual sound devices. One should be used in Roon settings as an Output and the other as an Input in HQPlayer settings. The same should be done in the Room Shaper plugin.

Please explain what HW you’re using. This still requires a PC ? Can’t use SonicTransporter ?