IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

Sorry this is only tangentially about eR, but want to leverage experienced users to solve my stupid problem: how do I remove the optic fiber from the module?

20230517_120129.thumb.jpg.183192273c99bc76f98078da77e5c135.jpg

I'm pulling down the blue locks (where the screwdriver tip is) and pulling out, but it's not coming off and would hate to break it. The blue locks don't seem to go low enough to clear from the SFT. Maybe I should have left the wire seen below the connector above the LC connectors instead of below?

Disconnecting the fiber has got to be easy. I'm likely doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

44 minutes ago, SQFIRST said:

@LewinskiH01 This happens sometimes that the push tab (flat sheet under the two prongs in your pic) gets pushed underneath the locking levers (the two prongs you are trying to push separately). My suggestion would be to power off the ER and since your SFP lever is in unlock position (the blue handle attached to the SFP cage) you can try to remove the SFP from the ER while the optical cable is still attached and then play around with it.

Exactly right!! The broad tab was under the locking levers and was preventing them to come low enough to clear the SFP cage. Gently pushing with that screwdriver allowed to bring the push tab up.

Thank you!!!