IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

21 hours ago, Markus8 said:

@JohnSwensonMaybe you can add some explanation here? 
I could here the improvement when comparing the same Ethernet cable (MUON Pro) on a 1 Gb/a compatible streamer between using Port A (having 1 Gb/s) and Port B (100 Mbit/s). There were no other ports used in the ER - just a Sonore OM Deluxe V2 is connected via SFP. 

Isn't it expected that there should be a difference between streamer connected to ER A-side vs B-side, being that the B-side is cleaner? Whenever I heard issues from my ER B-side it was mostly due to power supply ground where the moat was compromised. If the implementation supports going A-to-B then that will sound better than B-to-A or A-to-A. I may have misunderstood the post as I did not read back to see the history.

• 2 months later...

@LewinskiH01 This happens sometimes that the push tab (flat sheet under the two prongs in your pic) gets pushed underneath the locking levers (the two prongs you are trying to push separately). My suggestion would be to power off the ER and since your SFP lever is in unlock position (the blue handle attached to the SFP cage) you can try to remove the SFP from the ER while the optical cable is still attached and then play around with it.

• 1 month later...

Nice refresher on the ER workings and I always get some finer detail each time I read into your and John's posts @Superdad

Just want to add that I have found it beneficial to run a single signal into the ER A side and avoid the switching process inside the ER. I have noticed this provides optimal sound in my setup. Reading the above post I now see that it helps the ER run cooler as well.

Nice breakdown @GryphonGuy, adding that any music from the internet (Tidal/Qobuz/Spotify etc) will pass through the router's WAN side (NAS etc. are on the LAN) and those ethernet connections will also matter. I have noticed that the ER is a strange device in that it favors basic CAT5e ethernet cables on both sides. I would highly recommend trying out specifications for yourself as every setup is different.