IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

New ER user here. Assessing the impact from my previous setup with a generic cheap TP link switch to my OPPO 105 Ethernet input > PS Audio Directstream Dac via coax. Couple questions.

I am using a Teddy Pardot 7v lps. Is that enough power?

I do have the stock Uptone 7.5v amps  power supply on the way from the seller I got this from.  

I also have a Bridge II Ethernet card I can put in the PS Audio DS. Would that be better than using the coax route through the OPPO 105?

Thanks.

Thanks to you both for the reply.

I was not sure about the Teddy Pardot (the seller said he ran the ER using it) after I read on the Uptone product info that the original Uptone LPS- 1    7v setting did not have enough current.

[Note: The original UltraCap LPS-1, with top setting of 7V, does not have enough current for the EtherREGEN. The UltraCap LPS-1.2, with its 9V and 12V settings can easily power an EtherREGEN.]

I will install the Bridge II. I have had it sitting here and some people claim having it installed in the PS Audio DS hurts overall SQ.

I have no idea. Had not tried it out yet.

I do have a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 I am also trying out that uses an HDMI cable into the PS Audio DS i2S input.

Got the ER setup direct to the Bridge II in the PS AUDIO DS.

TBH it sounded very very good before through the OPPO 105 ethernet input>Coax> PS Audio DS with no ER.

Early impression is slightly blacker background, slightly better definition on low end.

JRIVER is a little glitchier, however, with the Bridge II card at song transitions than with the OPPO 105 Ethernet input. I had heard the Bridge II could be finicky.