IGNORED

New Audio-GD DI-20?

Something I am definitely considering. Tons of hyper and I bet it sounds great. Thinking of putting it after my pi streamer than doing i2s to my dac.

But there is competition from denafrips. And other approaches for a  better all in 1 streamer like lumin u1 mini or d300 ref.

This thread prob shouldn't be in DACs subforum.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, zerung said:

I hope you have your problems addressed by Audio-GD??

I am getting one too, I hope that the issues solved when my unit is shipped.

I am sure like you I am trying to get the USB module out of my DAC and feed it pure I2S. I hope that is the true way out as I dont read too many good reviews of the I2S signal out of the computer addressing our CAS needs....even fro Pink Faun implementation - however some smattering of positive views from Head-Fi is hardly reassuring as they are struggling with the units reliability? I hope that is a software and not a hardware issue?

But the Gaia reviews are more positive....

My fingers are crossed for the DI-20HE.

Zerung Im sure you should be fine. I switched to I2s output and have u1 mini feeding it coax and the cut out problem is gone but now i get this sound shift / volume shift issue for 0.5 to 1 sec and a tiny pop that happens every 5 minutes. Its much more tolerable but if it doesn't go away I may have to still return.

Let me tell you that this unit sounds incredible. And when you combine with a good streamer you get real magic out of it. The sound is just addictive.  If I do end up returning it ill probably try to get a replacement.