IGNORED

dietpi-update and Allo kernel mods

I am running a new USBridge Signature board with eMMC memory and DietPI plus Allo GUI preinstalled system. My update experience is probably relevant to other Allo DietPi systems, but it might be different for Sparky vs. full Raspberry Pi vs. my Raspberry Pi compute module.

Soon after achieving Internet connectivity, I logged in to the system, and saw the message:

dietpi-update    = Run now to update DietPi (from v6.18.14 to v6.25.3)

In the middle of the update, dietpi-update produced the following query:

************************************** begin quote

DietPi-Patchfile

[INFO] RPi-Update detected                                           

In our effort to improve system stability, and, offer software        
                                          installations which build custom modules (eg: WireGuard), we can no   
                                          longer support systems with non-stock-APT kernel installed (eg:       
                                          rpi-update).                                                           │
                                                                                                                  │
                                          Would you like to revert to the APT kernel now, ensuring stability and

<Ok>                       <Cancel>

**************************************** end quote

It sounds as though this refers to kernel modifications by Allo, so I selected <Cancel>.

Explicit instructions regarding safe updates to DietPi systems on Allo products would be very helpful. If my guesses were correct, then there is a substantial risk of oopsies when running dietpi-udate. Perhaps there is an option to prevent undesirable kernel updates?