IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

46 minutes ago, biosailor said:

After just a bit of listening, I like what I am hearing! The first thing that was immediately evident was the level of detail I could hear. Listening to the Aurender N100H with its own app (Conductor), I was always under the impression the musi was a bit muddled, I was missing the details present in the music. 
This changed when I switched to the Raspi 4 and streaming through Roon. Much more detailed than the Aurender. However, the Raspi 4 sounded a bit harsh with Roon. It improved a bit when I fed the Raspi with the Shanti LPS. The Raspi became quieter, but it still sounded a tad harsh.

Then came the upgrade of my Mac Mini 2018 to Catalina! No functioning Roon any more! So I switched to Audirvana 3.5 and to my surprise, my system sounded more pleasant, albeit with a bit loss of detail. Nevertheless, I preferred Audirvana over Roon due to its ,milder‘ sound characteristics. Yet, there was a tiny bit of treble glare and a bit of ringing remaining.

And now the USBridge Signature: the loss in detail when going from Roon to Audirvana is totally compensated if even improved. What is truly wonderful is the total lack of the slight ringing that was persistent with the Raspi 4. The sound is extremely clean, but not over-detailed into clinical sounding. And TOTALLY quiet! Fascinating!

I need to listen more into the bass region. My first impression is that the bass is bit drier, more focused and better discernable in the entire sound ‚gemisch‘. In a ‚brightish‘ system as mine (Devialet Expert 120/ ATC SCM19 speakers) these improvements count a lot!

One thing I must say: Allo‘s service is outstanding, period! For both, the Shanti and the USBridge Signature, ordering and delivery went smoothly and extremely quickly: after mailing off the order, two days later I received the items. Outstanding service!

To be followed with more impressions...

Thanks for your impressions. Mine should be arriving soon!

I can echo the comments on sound quality from  #biosailor.

In my system this is a big step-up from the USBridge.

The sound is cleaner, more detailed and some harshness is removed. In particular, bass lines are much more natural and easy to follow. Complex passages become more coherent.

And this is with just a modest LPS (Tomanek)

Very happy so far.

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

With 1TB micro SD cards starting to become available at (hopefully soon) affordable prices, would it make sense to store one's music library on the SD card? This would make data transfer across the LAN at replay time unnecessary and allow one to shut down a number of services on the USBridge Sig. What do you think?  

I've been wondering about this possibility too.

I tried on the original USBridge (eMMC), but could not get it to work.

(Currently I have my music library on a directly attached USB stick)