IGNORED

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro MQA

I would not mind owning a Matrix X-Sabre Pro but not enough to sell my Yggdrasil for. It is a lovely piece of kit. I have preferred and owned DACs designed by Mike Moffat since the Thetas. I spend more time on SBAF than other forums because, well, I agree with Marv most of the time and I appreciate AtomicBob among others and the absence of noise. Troublemakers are banned rather quickly:)

30 minutes ago, Foggie said:

Maybe a bit off topic but to be clear - sbaf is a headphone niche, no?  If so, that presents a completely different set of variables in so far as listening experiences.  The big thread here at AS "massive improve..." or whatever it is, is similar in that many reviews are HP people (if memory serves) and readers really need to understand this as it isn't obvious unless one is familiar with said individuals. 

I'm not a HP person in the least - can't stand them and wish this was clearly stated upfront.  This isn't a HP forum for the most part.

Not at all. Speaker discussion is an important part of SBAF. Many of the senior members listen to their vinyl and speakers as much or more as phones. Changstar morphed into SBAF in late 2015. SBAF is definitely not another Head-Fi clone. In fact, because of a dust up years ago any mention of SBAF at Head-Fi is removed by moderators:)