IGNORED

Who has tried out different USB Cables?

I stream via Roon with a Tidal and Qobuz subscription.   I have a few ripped CDs to FLAC 16/44 when I can't find a streaming version of the album, like Trout Mask Replica from Captain Beefheart.

My system is a late generation Windows 10 HP laptop with 16GB of ram, i5-8250U cpu, and  512GB SSD.  This laptop is my Roon core and it is only used to play music.  

I have an Intona USB 2.0 hi-speed isolator between my laptop and an RME ADI-2 DAC  (with RME ASIO driver) using some generic 2 foot USB cable between the laptop and Intona device, and a 6 foot Belkin Gold Series USB cable from the Intona to the DAC.

Roon shows that I have a lossless signal up to 24/192 with Qobuz files.  I have run RME test files through this chain to verify that it was bit perfect up to 32-bit 768kHz.  I've also checked overnight to see if I was getting any errors with USB, and after 12 hours of continuous music streaming, not a single error was reported.

It sounds great, too.  My weakest link is the room and/or transducer.  Nothing else will improve the sound quality in my set up at this time in any significant manner to me and my ears.