IGNORED

Any Suggestions On Where To Sell Vinyl Record Collection And Relative Value?

3 hours ago, astrotoy said:

Good points.  An experienced collector can spend 5 minutes going through a collection and ask the key question - "has anyone looked through this collection before?"  If the answer is "a very nice man looked through them, he only took a few records" then all the value of the collection is gone.

Larry

This advice is "on-the-money". For my sins, I spent most of the 1990's as a record dealer with a market stall three days a week, and one or two record fairs at the weekend.

If the answer to "has anyone looked through this collection before?"  was Yes I usually walked at that point. If I was the first to look at a collection I would make what I considered a generous instant cash offer for everything, after cautioning would-be sellers that the vast majority of LP's are essentially worthless except to the person who is destined to own them next.

SJK's advice above would have got my attention for sure, but IMHO 200 LP's is too few to attract any experienced record dealers.

If I were in the position of the OP I would list them on Discogs first

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin