IGNORED

Article: PS Audio DirectStream DAC (Snowmass) Full Review

11 hours ago, emcdade said:

The Directstream felt very overpriced and dated in form and function.  That touchscreen on the Direcstream has not aged well and doesn't belie a $6k product in 2019.

The rub, and thank you for the comparison, is what I thought made this review interesting in mid 2019.  One of the realities of many hobbies is the amount of equipment which quickly passes into obsolescence or at least the inability to recapture investment.  

@austinpop I had to laugh at the inescapability of reviewing equipment with your front end chain in place.  More so yet that it had drifted into a refined state with unique qualities rendering it incapable of being all things. 

I wonder if you might find your (front page article) audience here would focus less on the distinctions of equipment not under review if you drew less focus towards it throughout every article.  Knowing full well failure to erect a solid defense on the forum would be infeasible.  Otherwise I always enjoy your ability to not get weighed down in tedium where complexities overrule fluid passage.  Have yet to start nodding off or considering too many possibilities outside the immediate subject's scope.

Quite far from criticism, I was reflecting on absurdity.  Intently reading while rolling one's eyes is still reading.  I certainly don't read every single article that gets posted.  ;)

17 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Next time, I might add some "nothing to see here" verbiage for the skeptics.

Aha, the reaction I hoped to draw.  Until your EIC points you in a different direction, exert independence for the naysayers to continue attempting to strip you of in the comments.  I'd hate to see you grow too cautious and restrain your refreshing enthusiasm or audiophile style.