IGNORED

Article: New AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt

Sorta dull don't you think.  Who didn't register an expectedly neutral trending towards unenthused reaction to this all cannons fired at once media barrage?  Blue Monday, AQ?

Struggling to see need for this to exist.  Any example usecase where being reimagined as a USB C device with USB A adapter wouldn't have justified some (marginal) reason for complicating the product line instead of moving it upwards.  Maybe if their competition now thinks they can resell their current designs for another product cycle. The pace of product development will come to a grinding halt so everyone prospers. 

3 hours ago, digitaldufferme said:

Could you also look into its use case in a living room rig due to its high WAF. A comparison with will known Dacs like the Yggy, Benchmark 3, Mytek B+ etc. would be great as I'm looking to upgrade from my Chifi SMSL M8A DAC. Also is capability with Tidal Masters would be appreciated. 

Not sure if this was partially directed at my post directly above.

You, and your wife, can safely use this for anything you like without negativity directed at you. 

$300 portable DAC/headphone amps do exist in a different comparison bracket from the models you mentioned.  I'd wager the majority percentage here would be shocked if it matched the performance of a Yggy for instance.  

Feel free to start a thread for the purpose of garnering ideas to approach 'she who must be obeyed' with.

• 2 weeks later...