IGNORED

The ultimate Power Supply Units for music servers (and other devices for cleaner power source)

14 hours ago, k27R said:

I have a linear solution reference 1 that’s pretty good.  This latest design is supposed to close the gap the original had with the SR7, or so I’m told.

I’ve  only compared it to a js-2 and  lps-1.2, and it’s quite a bit better than both.  It’s quite good.

I also recently received a custom spec TLS Ref 1 PSU from Adrian. I've not used other highly regarded PSU like SR7. However, compare to my other PSUs like LPS 1.2 , SoTM sPS-500,  and various Teradak/chinese custom PSU - TLS Ref1 is quite a bit better. Which is expected given it costs almost as much as the SR7 without the years of wait time. I waited almost 6 months for the Ref1. However, I agreed to the delay as Adrian was doing R&D to close the gap with SR7.

35 minutes ago, FredM said:

I’ve been told the custom TLS Ref 1 is better than the SR7

Please note ‘been told’ and ‘TLS’ in one sentence..

I'm probably one of the first person to have Adrian's latest re-designed PSU that supposedly closes the gap. Given that I do not have access to a SR7, I've no idea.

I've heard stories of frustrating experience dealing with Adrian/TLS. I consider myself lucky given that my communication was timely with him and I received the unit around when it was promised.

My Ref1 worked flawlessly out of the box. However, I was not bowled over as it was only marginally better than SoTM sPS-500, LPS 1.2. It improved quite a bit after burning for 100+ hours and surpassed those aforementioned PSU by quite a margin. My Ref1 comes with teflon PCB and Vishay resistor. Yesterday, Adrian told me that proper break-in would be around 200 hours.

So, I've around 100 more hours to go. Currently, I'm using it through a Equi=Core 1800 balanced power conditioner.  According, to Adrian I should use directly to the wall outlet to maximize the performance. I'm yet to try that. Will report back after later.