IGNORED

How much difference does it make?

19 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

My room consists of over 50% glass in the walls. The remainder is hard material. Only the floor carpet (few mm of height) is soft.

Peter, you are pulling my leg! right? I thought you listen with 🎧. Anyway, I am not going to argue with you or anyone anymore after having a revelation with my son’s new car audio. :)  

Me just stating what’s observable and repeatable anywhere.  :)

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

they and other UK Manufacturers always advocated spending the majority of budget on the source

Linn discovered that by making better TT, it improved the sound. He discovered it by placing his TT in another room which improved the sound. His reasoning was and correctly too for mechanical device like a TT that the sound from the loudspeakers causes degradation in the playback. 

He continued to emphasis on good source to sell his TT and his initial reasoning was misunderstood or intentionally used to sell a better TT. The source here was the reference to a better vibration immune TT. 

In room, the ratio of sound from the source ( which is now the speaker) is always mixed with room acoustics. Even in nearfield listening, you will have at least 10% of room sound reaching your ears. In normal listening environment it is more than 50 percent and in concert hall it is about 90 percent. The improvement there can be clearly audible with the same source. There are many videos of sound before and after room treatment. 

motor.jpg.8a145f9078f16343d7a48d1fab56de54.jpg

Put this on your DAC, speakers, amplifier. Let someone control the switch. When the motor turns on you could feel the vibration strong enough that even at the far side of the equipment you could fill the them when you touch it. Just do the blind test and prove to yourself. Sit far and use this golden opportunity to challenge the non believers how you could hear the negative effects of the vibration. 

19 minutes ago, shtf said:

You could place 500 of these on your components and the sonic differences will still be zero.

What? Vibration got no effect on SQ?

typical write up “some of those vibrations right back up the spikes the way they came and introduce both coloration and distortion to the music. Much of the vibration that causes a lot of distortion is higher-frequency, acute micro-vibration that you cannot really feel or readily detect.....”

Next I need a simpler experiment for power conditioner. I used far superior stabilizer and conditioner by Cetronics and Watford Control made especially for the cleanest and stable supply for sensitive equipment. The only different it made was to my power amplifier. 

5 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

OK, you are not going to believe this ...

How could I be so "smart" with that toy eh ? well, because I for 100% real, once, for Santa, gave such a thing. This was witnessed by our 10 year old son (and 10 years ago by now). I had an outrageously good story accompanying: "dear, this is so you can test the influence of vibrations of the DACs you build; just hold it against it at various places and check whether you can see it in the output". Btw, it was as obfuscated as the one I showed. "It does 10K Vpm" I added.

"Yeah, sure !" our son said. "Tell that Santa !".

f*ck

So ST, you don't know what you just woke up in me.

Sure , if you believe in 🎅 

37 minutes ago, shtf said:

Then why not try another line conditioner and then another?  There are plenty of line conditioners that do nothing or worse, induce their own sonic harm. 

I don't simply use them based on write ups. These were measured and used for multi million dollars lab equipment. And yes, I have used analyzed, blind tested top audiophile brands. They only made difference to some cheap TV and minicombos. 

1 hour ago, shtf said:

ambient info already embedded in most any given recording.  If/when that is achieved, the recording hall's ambient info embedded in the recording and remaining audible at the speaker should in most instances completely overshadow most / all room acoustic anomalies.

If only this statement is correct....

A recording is nothing more than an attempt to repeat the sound made by the instruments at another venue. Otherwise, a perfect recording should sound like the original event in an anechoic chamber. Understand this and you will see that a record cannot and will never contain all the information of the original event unless you go multi channel recordings and multi channels playback.

I thought of converting some of Linn's classical stereo sound to 4.0 (or even 5.0) format so that it could be played in a standard 5.1 system to show this point but looking at the response in other thread I rather spend my time useful doing something else. Like looking for the micro SD card which just disappeared right in front of my eyes when I was opening the package. :) It just happened.

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

If you search UseNet you will find numerous examples of music that has been converted to multi channel in .dts format.

Thanks. I know there are softwares which Upmix for multi channels like https://nugenaudio.com/ but I am interest more of recreating the perfect venue. The DTS upmix are not really realistic but kids seemed to like them. 

54 minutes ago, shtf said:

But it is.  Just ask me.

You just admitted two months ago you were a novice when it comes to recording sound and now suddenly became expert?  

I have friends who get live dose musical performance on daily basis who believed that their recording already contained all the information until they were shown the difference. 

For a soloist or two or three band performance the recording can be accurate but when you move to full ensemble and other acoustic performance where ambiance is important, you will notice the difference. And of course, the same often repeated explanation why stereo can never reproduce the exact sound. But that getting tired right?

how did your binaural recording go?