IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

And once you get bubbleupnp set up . . . When you turn to kazoo as controller, you need to select the OH version of your uRendu (click on device listed at top of kazoo app; it should then list OH; select it), otherwise tidal tile will not show up in kazoo at all. I made this starting out.

Forget about the errors. I get them all the time. Not relevant at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 4 weeks later...

I was an early adopter of the Rendu and I love it.

It is Ethernet-cabled directly to my LAN and plugs directly into my Exogal Comet DAC. Google Fiber is my internet company, so tons of bandwidth, and we don't otherwise experience network problems (e.g. streaming netflix, etc).

I stream Quobuz almost exclusively, and control it with Lumin app via the Open Home renderer app on the uRendu. MPD/DNLP is the uRendu setting.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM: Once or thrice a listening session when I'm listening to longer orchestral pieces the playback will suddenly skip to the next track. It is always just one track. It now happens often enough to be annoying, usually at the climax of a movement.

I had a similar problem very early on (it happened with short format music too) and Jesus responded with excellent customer service by going into my computer remotely and tweaking something. That fixed the problem for a while. I've approached him again, and he is quite certain its not the uRendu making it skip to the next track.

So, to those of you who understand the electronics of networking: Could some kind of networking hiccup be occurring that would prompt Lumin or BubbleUpNp or Qobuz or the uRendu to proceed to the next track??? Has anyone else had this problem? How might I troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance for any light those with knowledge can shed on this.

Just happened three times in a row tonight. Very annoying. Gotta figure it out.

So the cat 6 cable runs out the uR about 40 ft to an Apple Time capsule, which is in turn connected via Ethernet cable to the Google Fiber Box which is some sort of proprietary router/modem.

I'm going to take the Time Capsule out of the equation so it's uR back to the modem/router box.

More ideas welcome . . .

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

You can try what Ted suggested above. You can also try swapping the Apple Time Capsule with a regular switch. One of these two is likely the issue. A direct connection to the router would really the best.

Thanks Jesus. Late last night I managed to get a direct connection back to the router box.

Regarding what Ted suggested, I went into the settings for the Google Fiber Box (router) and I could not see anywhere I could designate 10/100/1000 or just 1000, etc. But I know nothing about how these routers or networks actually work.

Let me listen for a while without the Time Capsule between the uR and the router, and see if that doesn't do the trick. If it doesn't, I'll be begging for more suggestions on how to isolate/fix the problem. Thank to all who pitched in!

• 1 month later...

I'll be sending my microRendu in for a 1.4 upgrade on Monday.  I'm in CA, and it ships to Florida.

Any advice on which carrier to use?  Sonore warns that USPS may cause delays.  But their small flat-fee priority box is likely the value winner.

Has anyone used UPS, DHL, or FedEx without spending another $25 or more?

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, jos said:

Listening to version 2.6 I hear a kind of ‘tick or pop’ between songs, but certainly not between every song. I will take further notice of this behaviour this evening and report back. I only play with Audirvana, latest version. It can be Audirvana too, I assume, not sure yet...

I've always had a slit tick between songs, whether using A+ or Lumin or Kazoo.  Have found it kind of charming since it sounds like a needle landing on a record ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Help please!  I cleared the DNLA cache of my microRendu (don’t ask), and now the Kazoo can’t find the mR.  The wheel in Kazoo just spins in the Qobuz “tile”.  

As the OP of this long thread, please help me out.  I’m not particularly knowledgeable about his this all works, but can follow instructions ;)

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Open Kazoo and click on the menu bars at the top left. Click on any of the tabs except Tidal and Qobuz. Go to Apps / MPD DLNA and clear the cache...wait for the page to refresh automatically and a wait a few seconds before proceeding. In Kazoo now click on the Tidal or Qobuz tab and you should prompted to enter the login ID and password.  

Thank you so much @vortecjr  That did the trick!