IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

On 6/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, vortecjr said:

That is not showing playback at all. When it does it shows a Momentary Frequency and we need it to see what rate it's receiving.   

Thank you for the support.

In the mean time I did the following test:

1) I disabled LMS on my NAS.

2) I installed the LMS on the orendu as provided in the Software Manager app.

3) I installed the DSDplayer plugin

4) To be sure, I rebooted the orendu

I checked LMS information on the orendu and found out the version is 7.9.2. I also checked the DSDplayer plugin was effectively installed. Then I checked the settings for Native DSD playback in the Squeezelite client which appear to be fine to me. You can see these info in the attached png files.

I played some PCM tracks without issues. Then I tried DSD files without succes. No sound with every .dsf file I tried, so indeed still no playback: the DAC diagnostics the same as before (="no setup"). The interface between the oRendu and the QB-9-Twenty appears blocked from then on-wards and only after a reboot of the oRendu I can play PCM tracks again.

If you have further things I could try out, please let me know.

I would assume now at least there cannot be any mismatch between LMS/DSDPlayer plugin/Squeezelite because this is what is offered in the Software Manager.

LMS-Orendu.png

LMS-Orendu 2.png

Squeezelite-settings.png

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Everything look normal there. I was able to replicate your setup and stream to my DAC via native DSD so it looks like the driver is not working.

Thank you for trying it out! Which Ayre DAC did you use (I assume a QB9-Twenty since you replicated my setup)?

What do you mean with "driver is not working"?

Is that something on the ORendu (how could this be resolved?)? Or is that something on the QB9-Twenty (for which supposedly I should get in touch with Ayre (Ryan Berry))?

In other words, how could this non-working driver issue be identified/confirmed and resolved?

Thanks in advance for your response!

9 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It’s something we need to fix...Ill keep you posted here.

Clear.

And no rush! If there is anything I can do to help (e.g. getting log files, try something, or anything else), just ask.