IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Been having a ton of issues with my OM/OR trying to run with Roon. Finally seeing the OpticalRendu in Roon selectable zones. Once I try playing either a Tidal track or a CD track on local network, Roon is skipping all tracks of the CD I'm trying to play. My previous setup using the UltraRendu always worked flawlessly with Roon. I then switched the Optical Module for a Trendnet SFP, with exact same results.

Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

Benchmark DAC3 DAC which always worked perfectly with my UR.

Roon/Tidal > Win 10 PC > Asus RT-N66 U router > Furutech LAN 7 cable > opticalModule/LPS-1.2> opticalRendu/Ultra PS > Wireworld Platinum 7 USB  > Bechmark DAC 3 HGC > Acoustic Zen Absolute XLR interconnect > Classé Audio CA-M600 Monoblocs > Acoustic Zen Absolute bi-wired speaker cables > Rebuilt Apogee Duetta Signature ribbon speakers.

I’ve be running my UltraRendu with an Uptone 1.2 PS for over a year without any issues. I had to move the UR/Uptone PS on my rack and the UR will no longer power up (amber LED). I checked the Uptone PS and it does read at 7.1 VDC. Tried powering via my HDPlex PS at 7 VDC with same results (amber LED). I disconnected the UR/Uptone combo and reconnected everything back without any success. What causes the UR LED to go amber?

Problem seems to be solved by updating the OR operating system. I am now playing music and the OR/OM combo sounds beautiful. Will hang on to this for a fe days and will have a complete review of this setup. Thanks to Adrian!

Thank you John for the info. Yes I did mess my network connection quite a bit, when I installed the OR/OM combo and had some issues trying to make the combo operate. I got the OR/OM now working fine ( sounds fabulous!). After a few e-mail exchanges with Adrian, I got the UR running normally again. Just want to thank the Sonore team for the incredible support.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, Lifer said:

Everytime I drop the internet connection to my Sonore Signature Rendu SE and replug it I go through hell trying to get the device to be seen by MySonicorbiter.  I play with the connections, I restart the Rendu, I restart the dac, I eventually get it going again but it takes 10 to 20 minutes of fussing with the damned thing.  What if anything am I doing wrong?  Nothing else on my network or in my system causes me this grief.

I’m having a similar issue with my oM/oR combo. Music can play normally during a few hours, but then I get the skipping track ‘dance’. Jesus sent me some power recycling process information to get my music back, which works. I have not had a day of complete day of flawless operation, since I purchased the oM. Previous to this setup, I had a TrendNet FMC/oM/ uR combo which worked without any issues. As soon as I installed the oR, problems started to happen. So I suspect that the oR is the culprit here...I am not going to power recycle my gear on a daily basis. Sonore wil have to come up with some solution.

Jesus, I just had an e-mail exchange with Adrian about this situation. He proposed that I should be patient and make sure that I double-check some of the recommendations that you/he proposed. I have agreed to do so and will closely monitor the operation of my setup for the next 2-3 weeks. I need to replace my fiber run and install the Sonore Ultra PS (unit shipped and waiting for delivery). If the issue does not go away, I will then return my oR. Thanks again for your support.

Done! I will monitor the operation of my setup and provide feedback to the forum.

Same for me with my Asus router, which maximum lease setting in minutes is equivalent to seven days, for which I have settled to.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:32 PM, vortecjr said:

For issues with a Rendu which drops off of your network

I have been experimenting with a router and Rendu and this fix should keep your unit from dropping off the network during usage. 

Please log into your router and look for a setting named DHCP Lease. When you find this settings make the DHCP Lease time 8 days and press Save. This should be a global setting, but some routers might have a port specific settings you can tweak. Mine was set to 10 minutes and causing me periodic issues during testing today. After increasing the time all issues are now gone.

1967713789_ScreenShot2019-08-16at5_20_07PM.png.5f159a2858a5db9dc9afb66964091d87.png

Another thing you can try is to assign the Rendu a fixed IP address in your routers settings.  

Since using a seven day DHCP lease, I have not encounter any network drop-off during the last 3 days. Typically before using this new lease period, I had signal interruptions every day.