IGNORED

ATX and ESD Cables

Has anyone upgraded their ATX and ESD cables in their music server?

I ordered the cables from Ghent Xu who runs ghentaudio.com

After replacing the stock ESD cable in my music server the sound quality was moved to a higher level. Smoother and more detailed voices, instruments.

He is currently making a custom 24P=>20P ATX cable for me.

I will report on what it does for my system after I receive and install it.

He is also a super guy to deal with, excellent and quick responses to questions.

He definitely does quality work, I am also using his DC33 Oyaide DC 5 volts (Neotech UPOCC 7N Copper 18AWG Hi-End DC(JSSG360)) to power my SSDs from the LPSU.

I will also post some pictures after the ATX cable is installed,

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

• 3 weeks later...

Installed the 20P=>24P ATX power cable today.

Definite improvement is the sound quality.

Sound is smoother with less edgeiness, and also quieter.

Posting a picture of the audio server with the Ghent internal power cables indicated with the red arrows487995644_ServerwithGhentAudiocables.thumb.jpg.d054f084ffbf6f5e66cdc0a34605998d.jpg

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

13 hours ago, rickca said:

What is an ESD cable?  Do you maybe mean the EPS12V cable (8-pin)?

Which ASUS motherboard is that?  

Sorry, I should have written EPS

Motherboard is the Asus H87M-E