IGNORED

Finally, The Class D Holy Grail?

Hello Everyone from a newbie of this Forum,

The problem with these Class D amps is... due to the same Hypex Module ..could be  the same sonic result .. Channel Island , Bel Canto , Molla Mola Kaluga , Nord , Merrill... etc..etc.. between them .. or am I missing something with my question?

On 5/13/2019 at 1:06 PM, firedog said:

The amps don't have all the same Hypex modules. Hypex makes several different models/lines of Class D boards. They don't sound exactly alike.

It seems you were right .. I have found this comment by a Stereophile reviewer

"Why should various amps based on circuit boards of the same technology (NCore) and made by the same company (Hypex) sound different? I don't know, but the amplifier boards aside, I could see physical differences inside these three amps. The big Theta uses a big linear power supply or two, while the more compact Bel Canto and NAD use a Hypex SMPS. Theta and NAD use the input circuit on the NCore amp board, while Bel Canto supplements it with a proprietary circuit. These differences must affect the sound quality, but to link them with what I heard will take testing procedures that control more variables than I can."
Read more at :

https://www.stereophile.com/content/bel-canto-eone-ref600m-power-amplifier