IGNORED

Best Audiophile USB Card ?

What settings are people using on their DACs RE: clocks.

For example, on the Rockna wavedream (which I ordered.. but waiting for.. boo.. 1 more month). It has the option to follow its own clock or the sources clock.

I have the Pink Faun i2s and usb bridge but the DAC i'm using now doesn't have options to play around which clock is going to be followed. (i'm using the yggy a2) - so i've just let sit the Pink faun cards sit till the Rockna comes. (there are two many unknowns, for me, using the schiit.)

If your DAC is ignoring source locks... then.. might they aren't really adding anything? (from a clock view. The card still might be feeding a clearing sig.)

To the people testing these addon clocks, which clock is your DAC following? It is useful to know what DACs you are using- not just the PCI-E card and LPS.

(i'm using the sbooster LSP.. but that is also just sitting in a box till the Wavedream comes in.)

Thanks! :)

On 4/27/2021 at 2:40 PM, Topk said:

Let us know what are your thoughts in a little while after burn in (those clocks need a few days and stay on 24/7 during this period) but this is very valuable and fascinating indeed and correlate with Christian Puunter’s review on the hifi advice website. This is my type of sound. Must resist!!! :-))

hrmm.. they are clocks and the clocks should always be 100% the same. That is the point of them