IGNORED

Amused to Death - QSound.

STC

After reading all the comments above, I listened to Too Much Rope again just out of curiosity. I like the whole album and most tracks contain great effects that on good systems always manage to surprise and startle the listener.

Listening to this track with a little more intent I was shocked to discover that the sound of sleigh starts way out to my left and it completely envelops me as it moves across all the way to the right of me with amazing depth.

I'm sitting quite close to my big ATCs and with no effects applied, just straight forward stereo.
I'm listening to the whole album now, thanks. :)

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

1 minute ago, STC said:

It suppose to extend beyond the left speakers. How many degrees do you think?  And the movement should be straight. 

It extends well beyond the left and right speakers in perfect line (curve), the sound is very well defined and so easy to follow from left to right. Not sure about the degrees but it sounds more surround than stereo, amazing really.
I get that with a lot of similar effects. ATCs are well known for tremendous sound stage and depth.

2 minutes ago, STC said:

Thanks. QSound supposed to do that. The curve indicates some difference in room acoustics in the centre. 

After your question I listened to it again and, indeed, the line is completely straight. I believe the depth is just the overall strength/effect of my system which is constant in different rooms I've been using it in.
That's why I used the word 'envelop', I'm very close the my speakers and it does feel like I'm listening to music with a massive headphone system. I feel quite spoilt. :)