IGNORED

Amused to Death - QSound.

STC

ST, this could be a too general description of something which now comes across as normal. I mean, something going from left to right ... (I admit, "right through you" as per the description is something else, but a. I don't experience it like that and b. it shouldn't be like that IMO - although it would imply death as such).

The album is full with better examples, though less easy to explain (e.g. Three Wishes).

Try Vogue from Madonna's Immaculate Collection. This is straight from front to back across the sealing. Easiest example at the end: the dying out flying over your head Vogue - vogue - vogue - vogue. This ends up straight behind you, at the back wall.

And then you still might need better motivation because that just works as is, in-room.

As often, I might be missing the plot ... :confused:

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Yeah, I think you now added the straight line. I never thought of that, but now it speaks to me.

I think it is a straight line here, but certainly not at 0 degrees.

Maybe it is important to add this:

My current room can not be used for QSound very well. My previous room (and house) seemed perfect for it. But mind you please: just acoustically and no further processing. Also no headphones while I recall that QSound officially works for headphones only (easy to look up, which I just don't - haha). So ... in my previous house I had perfect QSound (or the good representation of the phase manipulation). I know this is room-treatment dependent, hence it is very room dependent.

If I am right that QSound is for headphones then all I claim about in-room stuff (no processor for it) is illegal to begin with.

Still it could be interesting to know for you it can be done. But don't ask me how.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)