IGNORED

Merging Anubis

21 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Pro version, up to PCM192kHz

Hm, this is quite a limitation I find. I have a Chord Mojo and it really performs much better when it receives red book CD data upsampled to high rates such as PCM768kHz or DSD256 via HQPlayer. Should be the same for your Hugo2 and ADI-2 DAC. More recently, I bought the T+A DAC8DSD and after now experiencing with this DAC red book CD data upsampled to DSD512, I will probably never go back to any DAC not capable of at least DSD256 in the future. If I remember correctly, there is another version of the Anubis which would do DSD256. In fact, I had been interested in the Anubis (and the HAPI). The additional possibilities one gets with a multi-channel DAC are so valuable that I am very surprised to see only so few offered. However, after experiencing this amazing realism with the DAC8DSD with DSD512, I had to keep this DAC despite it being only a 2-channel machine.

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

32 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

The Mojo suffers from classic static white noise burst at PCM768k.

Indeed, I had experienced this too. Also on speakers not so nice. But with PCM384 still quite good.

34 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

I will be using 6 channels with Anubis if I keep it. I can't do 6 channels EC modulators at DSD256 so won't bother with DSD version if Anubis. 

Ok, I see. This is a valid point of course. Good to see that you are not missing the DSD option accidentally.

35 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

ADI-2 is of course used with HQPlayer in DSD Direct mode! EC modulators at DSD256

Very good.