IGNORED

Streamers ranked by sound quality

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

Does anyone here think their Tidal replay is close to stored files? Thanks! 

I have cancelled my Tidal subscription long ago but I had a Qobuz Sublime subscription until November 2018. And yes, Qobuz replay was as good as replay from local and LAN 16bits/44.1kHz files. Now I am using Idagio and the replay quality is much lower as I have to cast Idagio contents via Airplay or Chromecast.

I have found by the way all these streaming services unacceptably dumb: none of them offers a means of organizing favorite albums by tags or folders. As a consequence, a  collection of more than a few dozens favorites becomes unmanageable.

I am going to cancel my Idagio subscription by the end of the month and will come back to Idagio or Qobuz once they will finally provide effective ways of managing and browsing a collection of selected favorites. The services as they are now are for me unusable.

10 hours ago, wklie said:

Check out Roon (support Tidal and Qobuz) and see if it fills this need.

Unfortunately it doesn't. Roon can seamlessly  merge Tidal and Qobuz favorites into LAN collections but that's not what I want. I want a means of organizing my favorites in the Qobuz (Tidal, Idagio, etc.) app, ideally with user definable tags. Otherwise I would always be presented with different views of my collection depending on whether I am on the Qobuz (Tidal, Idagio, etc.) app or webpage or in a Roon control point. It is really not difficult to support user-specific tags, every halfway decent system for organizing photographs, mails, bookmarks, etc. provides such support. It's just internet streaming services of music and videos that only offer crap interfaces for relatively high prices.   

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, thyname said:

Where does Chromecast Audio stand among all these? There is huge group of scientists that believe bits are bits and anything that streams stuff, as cheap as a Chromecast Audio would do, and will sound the same that any streamers out there. Key word: "bitperfect"!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-bifrost-dac.7206/#lg=attachment24411&slide=0