IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hello everyone,

I have a small concern that Euphony limits my dac to 384 Khz, while it can go up to DSD128. My DAC is an Audiomat Tempo C which uses an Amanero Combo384 USB interface.
IMHO on Euphony Stylus the DSD files are not read because the Amanero Combo384 USB driver used by Euphony OS is not the correct one or is not up to date. In the properties of the DAC only PCM rates are displayed up to 384 Khz and no DSD. the limitation is also present with Hqplayer
Under Windows no problem everything is recognized by Audirvana or Hqplayer.
It would be a shame not to be able to play DSD files with Euohony Stylus which is a good player.
Željko replied : 
"There are no special drivers for particular audio cards on Linux.
Anyhow, Amanero Combo384 usually works in Euphony but I think you have to install the latest firmware."
So no solution? I remain limited to 384 Khz by Euphony while my dac is DSD 128?
Is there a Euphony owner who encountered the same problem? I'm surprised to be the only one.
Thanks for your help.

Hi David,

There is no information about this on the Audiomat site. On the other hand, the driver is the one for Windows downloaded from the Amanero site. I also saw on the Amanero site that there is a procedure to flash the firmware after doing a reset directly on the interface card. But my DAC is new (it's a 2500 euro dac) and I don't think this is recommended by the manufacturer. I think I'll stop there, but it's a bit of a shame.

I tried with other USB cables it's the same. Zeljko said to me: "Yes, it seems that the system does not recognize the DSD playback ability of your DAC at all.
Sorry, nothing to be done about it from our side.

There is a low possibility that your DAC will be supported in Euphony v4 (it has much recent kernel) that gets out soon.

but since the manufacturer does not state Linux support I wouldn't count on it. "

Totally agree with Michael, by the way I previously had a Chinese DAC which weighed 10 kgs and filled to the brim with components but which sounded like a pan. Look inside a PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC, there's not much to it, but it's a very reputable DAC.TAD DA1000 is a Rolls like DCS or MSB, an inaccessible dream for me. I am very happy with my Audiomat, its price is completely justified and affordable compared to the brand's other models.Otherwise I sent an email to the Clarisse brothers who run the small company Audiomat (brand known especially by audiophiles). I'll keep you informed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried many configurations on PC, whether on Linux or Windows. I have a Silent PC that I built myself with an integrated linear power supply. I tried Roon+HQP (I always doubted the real effectiveness of HQP, oversampling being heresy for me), the SQ is catastrophic. I have two bootable discs on my PC, one disc with Euphony and the other with Windows Server 2019+Audiophile Optimizer+Process Lasso+Jplay Femto+Fidelizer. The SQ is much better in the Windows configuration, it's better defined, livelier and punchier than with Euphony. I am also disappointed by the V4 which for me sounds worse than the V3. In short, the interest of Euphony is above all in the simplicity of use with better comfort, it is a real player. Whereas with Jplay femto, you have to use a tablet and third-party software (not always easy to configure) and that's not my cup of tea, which is a shame because the SQ is really above the rest, and I'm also thinking of going back because Euphony seems really dull next door.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I don't expect any help as I couldn't find any satisfactory information on how to make a V4 install usb key. I just want to share my disappointments if it can still be of interest to someone. Obviously I have already called the after-sales service which kindly sent me twice to the installation page of the site. I received a message today to launch the latest update. I started the update. Then it came back to the same update message, so I thought I had to do a reboot. Big mistake. Since then the system has crashed and it is impossible to restart Euphony. I must have screwed up and broken something. 

I understood that I had to restore my Euphony startup disk. it doesn't work, booting to the key only gives me these three options:
- Euphony-audio kernel
- Reboot
- Power off
and then I got the message below .

I'm not a newbie and everything is set up fine in the BIOS. R Devcic doesn't understand anything about it and tells me to redo a USB key (of course that's all I have to do).

I give up ! I used three different keys, formatted in Fat 32 as indicated, with or without partition, with Rufus the same as on the site, with Etcher too: always the same crap. Whereas with V3 I had no problem. In short, too bad I made a bad manipulation and no backtracking possible. Finally I returned to Jplay Femto and my Windows disk (which I did well to keep), there it works and it sounds better!

IMG_6716.jpeg

About a year ago I bought the V3 license which then allowed me to upgrade to V4 for free, all of this was done automatically and without problems. V4 has always worked perfectly so far and the sound is better than V3 (less "digital"). I received this update message, the reboot was successful but the screen remained frozen on this update message. I stupidly thought I had to reboot Euphony, but that's when I broke my Euphony ssd. I think I'm going to have to use a Windows boot key with a disk partition utility and delete the Euphony partition to start on a blank disk. Thank you all for your help and encouragement. I'll give it another try and let you know. Good evening or good afternoon.

Hi,

That's it finally, I found my Euphony !. I booted to my windows disk and used a disk partitioning utility (DiskGenius). I deleted all partitions from the broken Euphony disk. I then restarted on my Euphony USB key (which proves that my key was good). And from my Mac I connected to local Euphony and there I redid a clean installation on my drive. Reboot on the drive and everything is spot on. Since my music is on a synology NAS, it's not a problem for me to restore everything from scratch. I hope this can help someone who has the same misfortune as me.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The problem with Audirvana Studio is that you cannot use the Izotope plugins in real time when you are on a network. You have to connect your computer to your DAC with a cable, it's completely stupid. So this is of no use to me. Additionally, the sound quality is much better on Euphony than on Audirvana, and is equivalent to Jplay Femto plus Audiophile Optimizer on Windows.