IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi everyone, I am following your 3d with interest and I downloaded the trial version of Euphony and I was very satisfied with the sound compared to Daphile with double pc and I would like to ask you some questions, apologizing if in the long course of 3d they have already been asked:

1) I would like to install the final version on a 32gb Optane, is it big enough?

2) I have a Pinkfaun i2s bridge, is it compatible with Euphony?

3) Has anyone tried the dual PC configuration, are there any benefits for the sound?

4) Are there any differences in sound when using PCs with higher performing hw?

Thank you so much

Right now I'm having trouble starting up with the trial version. It boots but does not finish the installation and on the monitor it shows that it loads the program but the message EUPHONY never appears and I cannot connect. I also tried to reformat the key but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Hi everyone, in my pc configuration I have the music files in an ssd connected with a sata cable, many users claim to hear consistent improvements using sata cables like jcat etc, but the question is: in the case of Euphony using the ramroot it makes sense spend the money on a high quality sata cable or would it be better to install a ram such as Apacer ECC instead? eventually considering the maximum resolution of my files and 128 DSD what ram size do you recommend? thank you so much

Hi, I have a self-assembled PC with Gigabyte z390 mini itx mobo, which can host 2 m2 ssd, on one, Intel Optane, I installed Euphony and I have an ssd connected via sata for music: it would make sense, for how it is structured Euphony, take an m2 ssd and install it in the second slot for the music files? Would there be a sonic improvement as this would eliminate the sata cable? thanks

Thanks Stefano for the answer, I was asking because many on the net, more experienced than me, assert that the quality of the sata cable is decisive even in cases where it reproduces from ram, because (this seems to be the reason) the transfer in ram always takes place via sata cable. Hence my question is whether it would be better to have the shortest route possible for the transfer

17 hours ago, biosailor said:

I certainly agree that Stylus sounds very, very good, no doubt about it!

I hope I am not imagining this but using Roon via Euphony sounds better than running Roon Core on its own. I know this comparing apples with oranges but having Roon activated in Euphony on a MacBook Air sounds better than running Roon Core on a .Mac Mini. Both systems feed via Ethernet into a Radpberry Pi 4 with Ropieee as bridge. Roon via Euphony has clearer and better defined highs, devoid of any digital glare, and better bass.

Whatever it is, I truly like Roon in this environment!

I'm sorry I didn't understand how you are using rpi4 .... I would like to understand if rpi4 can be used as Euphony EP .... thanks

4 minutes ago, biosailor said:

I‘m sorry, my mistake! I have a Raspi 4 running RopieeeXL. THERE‘s this option in Stylus to tick that searches for UPnP devices on your LAN. When ticked, it does recognize RopieeeXL as it shows it’s logo on the lower right corner. But from whatever reason, Stylus does not stream to RopieeeXL. I opened a ticket at Euphony’s and they looked at the issue, but were unable to solve it. Perhaps they should talk to the Ropiee people to fix the issue.

When, however, running Roon via Euphony, Roon streams perfectly well to Ropieee(XL). You just manage this in Roon‘s audio settings.

Thanks for the reply .... It would be nice if Euphony extended the use also for rpi, it would open a world .... personally i would connect rpi4 via i2s to my dac ..... which i did before with Daphile with a good sound improvement .... I think it would be an option that many of us would enjoy ..

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Yes. Euphony settings enable share library. Go to pc & map a drive. Then you can add/delete whenever you like. 

Eg 

\\192.168.1.20\

if asks for username & password it’s 

audiouser

euphony

Thanks and for the answer, ok I will try as soon as possible

10 hours ago, biosailor said:

Same here, Stylus works now perfectly well with RopieeeXL on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Great work, Euphony Team!

Not knowing ropieee I did not understand well if to use it with Euphony on rpi4 as EP I must necessarily use Roon or do it through Stilus ... Thanks

13 hours ago, biosailor said:

RopieeeXL did work when you ran Roon via Euphony as Roon takes over control. Roon connects perfectly well with Ropieee(XL).

But till very recently, Stylus did not work with RopieeeXL. By ticking the box: detect UPnP devices, Stylus did detect RopieeeXL, but couldn’t play through it. Zeljco resolved the issue now and you can use Stylus to stream to a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXL.

That‘s great news! Well done Euphony Team!

I tried to install ropieee and run rpi4 as EP with Stylus and everything works (Stylus sees RopieeeXL) except for the fact that I connect the rpi4 in i2s mode stylus does not play ... how should I set the output of the dac in ropieeeXL, I tried to insert rpi i2s in the HAT box but there is no sound ..... any advice in the configuration? Thank you

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@maxst67 @biosailor it can output to a SPDiF hat too

The update with which Euphony will work as expected with upnp endpoint is not yet publicly available, that’s why it doesn’t work for now

Thanks Stefano for the info ... so if I have not misunderstood you have to wait for the new update of Euphony to be able to use ropieee xl as an end point on rpi4 connected in i2s?

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, biosailor said:

I don’t know about the Sonore rendus, but Euphony Stylus streams perfectly well to a Raspi 4B running RopieeeXL. Just activate detect UPnP devices in one of the menus. I needed to install the latest RopieeeXL update to make it work seamlessly.

So RopieeeXL works even if rpi4 is connected via i2s to the dac?

I don't know if it's just suggestion (obviously I don't think it is ironic) but with this latest version I have a slight listening fatigue that was previously absent, as if the previously pleasant balance has shifted towards an excessive subtlety of sound and harshness of the high tones .... I really hope the Euphony developers take action ....any of you have news about it?