IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

6 hours ago, bobfa said:

I am pretty sure that Stylus the music player is not designed to run out to an NAA or a D to D like the Rendu.

Start out simple with a single box running the OS and the player and see how that sounds.   I started out with Roon and two boxes.  

This is why they have trial software!!

Thanks for being a part of this experiment.

Bob,

Two days  testing various configurations and I can assure you that Stylus + HQ Player is the best setting I've tested here. More natural textures, analog, energetic and lively sound.

As the server is near my DAC, I will no longer need the Ultra Rendu and I'll sell it. I'll connect the Curious USB cable in the DAC working along with ISO Regen.

Maybe Roon's annual subscription will not be renewed. Until November I will decide.
But I'm really enjoying it: Stylus+Tidal+HQ Player

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

Out of interest, what are your HQPlayer settings?

My DAC works only with PCM (Metrum Onyx). My settings in the HQP are: Upsampling ->  24/192 Khz, Sinc-M Filter and Dither NS9. I'm still going to test other filters (poly-sinc family). HQ Player provided more spatiality, transparency and clarity. It gives some refinement and sounds great. Although the Stylus works very well alone.