IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 5/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, austinpop said:

Yes, we were testing a private “dev” build. The StylusEP feature will ship in the next public release by end of month, I’m told.

@austinpopRajiv, as it stands right now, is StylusEP subject to the same restrictions as Squeezelite, as far as DSD playback is concerned? WIll it work with DSD256 files?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, davide256 said:

FWIW I was playing around with my Synology NAS and Euphony yesterday, all worked fine until I disabled SMB1, at which point Euphony could no longer see the NAS. And in Windows 10 the shared Music directory while never visible could be accessed by IP address or computername-path after I enabled SMB1

Hi all,

Any updates on whether Euphony now supports now that just SMB1? SMB1 is a security risk that I've disabled throughout my network... that would be a big negative for Euphony if SMB1 is the only version it supports...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using the new StylusEP as a HQplayer "endpoint" for Roon Core yet? Again, no HQPlayer really involved, just a way to preserve Roon's library management and UI while getting the sonic advantage of Stylus.

I basically cannot give up Roon's UI mostly so that the wife can stick with what she's used to, but would love to get some of Euphony's sonic advantages. I'm running Audiolinux now and would pay for a license if this StylusEP/HQplayer endpoint feature works (again without HQPlayer, just with Roon). I have a lot of DSD128 and DSD256 albums that I listen to a lot - the StylusEP with Squeezebox emulation doesn't work for me as that's only limited to DSD64.

Thanks all!