IGNORED

Sonore opticalModule v0.95 - discontinued

Just now, barrows said:

This is going to be somewhat dependent on the sample rate one is streaming.  And boot up is going to require more current than running it.  We recommend a power supply capable of 1A output at 5VDC.  In use while streaming DSD 256 (4x) I have about 500 mA current use.

Just received an Allo Shanti with both 5v/1A and 5v/3A so will give both a try in time.  I'm running DSD 512 so likely on the higher side I guess (50mbit/s).

• 1 month later...

@Steffenegede I believe the Shanti dual outputs are galvanic isolated, and both can run the oM no problem (tested both).  Seems good so far, though not compared to much else but a ground shunted IFI ipower at 5v. 

It is however passing on changes upstream from the ER which I've just added an MPAudio HPULN LSIB type less than 24hrs ago, so guess its doing a decent enough job.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, alexreusch said:

As you can see, you cannot just use any SFP and cable length without knowing the specifications.

Well actually, you can. 

I'm using the same Planet MGB TLX modules for months now between the oM and oR.  As noted by others, the audible difference is not subtle compared to the original in-spec TP-link modules.  

Most places have a try at home scheme for 7-14 days, I'd suggest others give it a try.

28 minutes ago, Dasign said:

Guiltyboxswapper, I’m just worried about audiophiles who would purchase a single mode fiber gear without considering path loss/Tx/Rx operational considerations. My comment about proper SFP/fiber mode is to avoid mixing single mode fiber with multi-mode SFP. 

OK, i cant argue with that - stick to one mode or another agreed.  Mixing modes will not function.  But I repeat this message as quite frankly the TP-Link multi-mode stuff whilst might work, does leave a lot on the table.  And its a really cheap and quick thing to try unlike some of the crazy stuff recommended.