IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I am relatively new to AS and need help.  Using Mohave 10.14.5 and the latest update of Audirvana, 3.5.9.  When I click play for a song the optimization process starts, the INT and SysOpt comes on, and the grey bar starts moving right normally.  But, the grey stops short of the right end,  reaching 70-90% of the way before stopping.  Music will not start.   The Mohave update to 10.14.5 made no difference. No tracts play. 

Is there a setting somewhere that I missed?

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

• 6 months later...

When I upload a CD through XLD, sometimes certain album covers do not download.  I can later add the cover art by a drag/drop from Google Images into Audirvana (3.5.24) and when I do the cover sets correctly but unfortunately does not stay.  I have about five of these albums with this issue, if i change one they all change (even the newly recorded and re-recorded albums lacking cover art).  I've tried dragging over art to the Audirvana library set to Tracks or to Albums with the same result. 

i guess the question is where should the new cover art go to, and is there a way to keep it there.  Anyone come across a solution?

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

RunHomeSlow:  Thanks for the directions, I will try it--much appreciated. 

Jud:  Correct. The "get metadata" is the function I use, and like you said, it works often. 

I may have time today to look some more for options.

Thanks to both of you.  Not the biggest problem ever but an irritant just the same.

• 1 month later...

One of the members suggested deleting the .cue files for problem albums.  I did that and indeed, most but not all, of my skipped tracks and deleted track and first track issues, (music was there but the metadata was wrong) was eliminated.  In my case, deleting the album in the old iTunes from when I used it, helped too. I still have album cover issues for about 1% of the data bass, or less, and have a couple of ideas yet to try.The suggesting member might have been RunHomeShow (or something like that--my apologies if I got his name wrong).

• 3 months later...

For what its worth, I used to get the SysOpt error often, until I retired my 2011 iMac 27 with a damage disk and replaced it with a new version of same. Problem has not occurred since.  My knowledge of the inner workings of computers does not allow me to explain, but I suspect it was because the new computer's hard drive was not damaged and the new computer had much greater speed, but these are guesses. Hope it helps.