IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

Hi

I cannot comment on the driver since I use another DDC in front of the MC3+USB, but generally speaking I would use the latest one available.

60-80G would probably be enough for 3-4 times what you are planning for :)

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

• 1 month later...

This question is about GUI and Core mode, not the AudiophileShell :)

As far as I know only GUI mode can display those kind of messages. You can't see them in Core.

(since you use the AudiophileShell I assume you are in Core....)

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

The server eval versions run for 180 days. This period can be "re-armed" five times in a row. So chances are high one will format and reinstall before the end of 5x180 days either way :)

Essentials Edition is around 50% of the standard price, so also an option.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 8:45 PM, jcn3 said:

@AudioPhil -- i know this isn't an AO problem, but would certainly appreciate your thoughts.

This is a very weird issue. Currently I have no idea to be honest, but i will think about it and possibly get back to you should I have an idea later on.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:45 AM, jeti said:

Having been  a windows 10 user, I'm able to install windows server 2019 GUI, also jRiver, ...eventually get music playing. The result was definitely better than that on a w10. 

Naturally I am contemplating on  doing the same on ws2019 core mode. But without a desktop I'm totally lost. So my question is :

1) is it possible to do the same on the core mode - get music playing via jRiver? How can one navigate? 

2) with the help of AO 3.0, I reckon 1) would be possible 🤔 Would the installation doable for an illiterate like myself? 

I understand that ws2019 GUI +AO 3.0 would be about 95% of the core + 3.0. If the computer is used only for playing music, seems make sense to push for the best. 

Any helps appreciated. 

To test my guides I gave them to my wife and placed her in front of my computer. All i gave her was the bootable usb stick with windows server. 1 hour later she was tapping with her toes and listening to music in core with JRiver. :) So in other words, yes of course you can do it. Everything is very well documented in our guides and also many additional more detailed how-to's are available here in the forum. You just need to take your time and read very carefully through the guides.