IGNORED

Article: My Quest for a New DAC, Part 5: Chord Electronics Hugo M Scaler & Hugo TT 2

My only surprise is the Hugo being able to deliver as well as the Cavalli Liquid Gold (I had one home for a few weeks before it was released and it was spectacular) especially being in such a small box to house all that. Just look at the size and stats on the latest Luxman p-750u headphone amp (Audiophiliac just reviewed it).

Side-step: I'm using my Cavalli Liquid Fire amp and now have a Wyred4Sound DAC 2v2se with superb results.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 1 year later...

I would love to read your follow up switch to the Chord DAVE. When I read this originally all I could think is "the DAVE is in the back of his mind and eventually going to drive him to buy it sooner than later"!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Hugo TT 2 a few days ago after having bought the Qutest and traded back in a few days thinking ahead of the curve. This is spectacular. I'll get the M-Scaler sometime in the next six months to complete this. Crazy great and the headphone amp is superb.

I bought the Hugo TT 2 a few days ago after having bought the Qutest and traded back in a few days thinking ahead of the curve. This is spectacular. I'll get the M-Scaler sometime in the next six months to complete this. Crazy great and the headphone amp is superb. 

I will also recommend Justin at HeadAmp. Service is excellent.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the "heads up" on keeping power on 24/7. Checked in over at HeadFi and Rob Watts checks in on the thread and corroborated that.