IGNORED

Sold: Prima Luna Prologue Premium Integrated amplifier

Purchased January 2012, with factory phono pre option. The 4 original pre-amp section tube film capacitors have been replaced with TFTF VCap’s. The unit works nicely,
I am selling because I  changed to solid state amp last year for my Magnepans.  There is some wear on the unit, 2 nicks in the enamel next to the top of the tube cage and some
small dings in the enameled edges next to the power tube sockets caused by power tube swapping.

Link to Prima Luna's information on the amplifier

https://www.primaluna-usa.com/prologue-premium-integrated/

Included in the sale are

4 original Prima Luna 12AU7 tubes- basically unused as I used my collection of NOS pre tubes
4 original Prima Luna EL 34 tubes – these have about 40 hours on them,  I ordered KT-88’s the week I received the unit and stopped using these after receiving the KT88’s
4 used Gold Lion KT-88’s – these have several hundred hours on them. As far as I can tell from listening, these are still fine, after using for a year I moved on to KT120/150 power tubes
Power cord, remote control, owner’s manual, and original packaging also included.

This is an easy amplifier for tube swapping and the HT direct to amp input allows you a graceful upgrade path to separate pre-amp  later.

Price $1500 via Paypal plus shipping, no seller Paypal fees to buyer. Domestic US buyer preferred, Canada also a possibility.

Pictures below, apologies for any glare in the pictures.

Pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Pic9.jpg

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 1:43 PM, markiep said:

May I ask if you are implying that this integrated amplifier, though sweet, is not so suitable for Magnepans?

I acquired some LS50's last year  and was startled by how much faster and more extended their treble was with the Prima Luna. This lead me to

go back and compare using a MC modded Hafler DH200... there the Magnepans sounded much superior/cleaner. So I suspect that the load of the planar tweeter

panel isn't a good combination with Prima Luna amplifier design, some kind of undesired roll off effect.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Denoxster said:

I am interested in this integrated of still available. 

Can you provide better picture on dings and nicks part? 

I live in NJ, shipping shouldn't be that bad. 

see picture attached with the most visible nicks circled.  The 4 back power tube sockets  have  nicks along the enameled edge, with the 1 circled having the most. IMG_4445_LI.thumb.jpg.3ab2c1d0bc0b1015de30badf1383fae1.jpg

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

per request, have  taken some better pictures using a light tent . As per original posting there is some wear on the unit, 2 nicks in the enamel next to the top

of the tube cage and some small dings in the enameled edges next to the power tube sockets caused by power tube swapping.  In the course of taking more pictures I have also found two pinhead sized nicks on the back jack panel, 1 above the "input" label for the jacks, the other above the "AC input" tag above

the power plug. Note that the first picture is best representative of finish appearance  under normal lighting. The rest are angled and taken on black background

to reduce reflections, creating more of a faux granite appearance

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

Regards,

Dave

Audio system